Wednesday, January 13, 2010

About

Here's a little bit about me and why I started the "Conan Vs. Jay" blog...

I started watching Jay Leno's Tonight Show in the mid-90's, mainly because my parents loved his monologues and the old Monday night "Headlines" bit. Jay's a talented comedian and the show certainly provided some laughs. But then, when I was in college in the late-90's, I discovered Conan O'Brien's "Late Night" show and I was amazed. It was freaking hilarious! My friends and I would watch it several nights a week and laugh our asses off. It was the perfect stress reliever and, in combination with lots of binge drinking sessions, helped us survive the hell that is Georgia Tech.

Fast-forward to today. Conan took over Jay's spot on "The Tonight Show" -- a move planned back in 2004 -- and Leno has his new show at 10pm. Everything seemed great. But it's all turned into a huge fiasco. It looks like NBC, and probably Jay Leno himself, are trying to stab Conan in the back and force him to actually leave the network. Un-freaking-believable!

So that's where things stand right now. I hope everything works out for the best for Conan and even for Leno as well. I couldn't care less about NBC. Stay tuned for more developments...



No comments:

Post a Comment